What to expect post treatment
Remember that your treatment continues after you leave my office. Your body is processing and integrating new information from the changes in your tissues.
If possible, walk for 5 to 10 minutes immediately after the session, before getting in your car. Walking will help your body settle into its new balance.
Your tissues are releasing toxins that may have been there for some time.
Due to this:
- You may feel sore
- You may feel very fatigued
- You may have unusually dreams or feel off
You should feel better in 1 to 2 days. Be patient and kind with yourself and allow this process to happen.
If the pain lasts more than a couple of days, or if you have concerns call or text me at 801-644-8731
or contact me by Email.
If you feel it is a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911.
After the session
You may feel great (potentially better than you have in years). You may feel you can do anything. DO NOT. Your body remains in a vulnerable state for several hours. Let your body rest and heal.
- Take a nice easy walk – helps your brain and body to integrate its new position and balance.
- Drink plenty of water – helps move previously trapped toxins out.
- Avoid strenuous activity especially sudden, jolting movements for 1 to 2 days.
- Avoid activities involving extensive and prolonged stretching for 1 to 2 days – helps your brain and body to integrate its new position and balance.
- Avoid over-treatment – Too much treatment in too short an interval can be over-stimulating. Avoid acupuncture, physical therapy, massage or other types of physical treatment for 1 to 2 days after each treatment.